One time enrollment fee of agreed amount is payable upon the execution of this agreement and, subject to your payment of membership dues and other terms of agreement, entitles you to membership of Halo Jiu Jitsu A.K.A. Clovis Jiu Jitsu regardless of location. Enrollment fees are payable with application (all fees subject to change).
Memberships are not refundable or transferable and must be paid by the agreed date, usually the 1st of every month. Term memberships are 1, 2 or 3 year memberships that have a start and end date. Term Membership Fees are payable with application or month to month(all fees subject to change). At the end of a contract term renewal, contract will continue unless you request a change in writing to email@example.com. Month to month members must request termination 30 days in advance, all requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Debit is an automatic monthly deduction to be debited from your banking account through Halo Jiu Jitsu A.K.A. Clovis Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' or another related third party' chosen provider on the nominated day of each month. This is a monthly debit/charge membership and deductions will be maintained unless the member provides authorization in writing to cancel the direct debit 30 days in advance Memberships can not be cancelled or suspended within the contract period. If Contract is breached I , understand I am liable for the monthly dues for the remainder of the contract to be paid in full immediately after membership termination. Any members Direct Debit deductions that are dishonored or are returned as non sufficent funds may be subject to a $25 fee which will be payable immediately with your monthly fees to enable your membership to be reinstated. Memberships and Enrollments are non- transferable and non-refundable.
You agree to comply with all the of the host facilities rules and regulations, which are subject to change at the discretion of the facility.
Each member must respect other members, users and behave in an appropriate manner at all times. Halo Jiu Jitsu A.K.A. Clovis Brazilian Jiu Jitsu reserve the right to rescind the rights of members not complying with the terms and conditions of the membership at any time. Members under the age of 18 must have signed permission from a legal parent or guardian. You agree to consult a physician before starting any exercise and or diet program or activity. It is agreed that Halo Jiu Jitsu or the Facility are not responsible or liable for any injury, l illness, death, or another condition, loss, damaged, or stolen property.
Release and Indemnity:
I understand, acknowledge and agree that:
1. Jiu-Jitsu, Thai boxing, mixed martial arts and other forms of martial arts and fitness training are strenuous activities involving physical contact and may also involve the practice of techniques designed to subdue and control an opponent.
2. I understand that it is advisable that I have a medical examination by a qualified physician before participating in martial arts or any other physical activity. I represent and warrant that I am fit to participate in strenuous physical activities such as martial arts and have no physical disabilities affecting or limiting my ability to do so.
3. No representations or warranties upon which I have relied have been made to me by any agent, owner, instructor or representative of or anyone associated Halo Jiu Jitsu, Tinguinha Jiu Jitsu Affiliate., Halo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or Halo Jiu Jitsu Training Center (including all parties doing business under the trade name or trademark “Halo Jiu Jitsu” or “Halo Jiu Jitsu Training Center”) or Angel Lopez or any of their respective affiliates, agents, successors or assigns (collectively, the “Company”) regarding the safety of the practice of martial arts or any other related physical activity.
4. I recognize, accept and assume all risk of injury/illness(including COVID19) associated with practicing, participating in, traveling to or returning from any practice, class, seminar, lesson, competition or athletic event held by, associated with, or sponsored by the Company. Without limiting the foregoing, I ASSUME ALL RISKS KNOWN OR UNKNOWN ASSOCIATED WITH PRACTICING MARTIAL ARTS AND OTHER PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
5. On behalf of myself, my successors, assigns, heirs, personal representatives and all persons claiming by, through or under me, I hereby fully and forever release, waive, relinquish and discharge the Company and its instructors, subsidiaries, affiliates and all past and present employees, officers, directors, shareholders, managers, members, agents, nominees, attorneys, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Company Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, liabilities or demands of any nature whatsoever in law or in equity, for injury or death to me regardless of whether arising during or after my membership or participation in the activities of the Company when directly or indirectly arising out of or resulting from any instruction, training, practice, class, seminar, lesson, competition or event of the Company, including, without limitation, traveling to, participating in or returning from any such event.
6. I shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Company Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities or demands (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) regardless of whether arising during or after my membership or participation in activities of the Company, when directly or indirectly arising out of or resulting from my acts or omissions in connection with the practice, instruction or use of or participation in the martial arts or the activities of the Company.
7. I hereby grant to the "Company and its assigns the irrevocable right and permission, to use, reuse, publish and republish, and otherwise reproduce, modify and display my name and/or the Likeness(es) of me, with or without other persons, that are included in any photograph(s), video(s), artistic rendering(s) or other representations that the Company will make, has made, has had made or has otherwise obtained, to copyright the same, in its own name or otherwise, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with likenesses of other persons, and in conjunction with any copyrighted or copyrightable matter, in any and all print, electronic, digital and other media now or hereafter known, for use, distribution, advertisement, publication, promotion, merchandising, and commercial exploitation in any medium, whether now known or hereafter created; and to use my name in connection therewith if the Company so chooses.
8. I understand and agree that my participation in any classes, lessons, practice, training, competitions or events held or sponsored by the Company is expressly conditioned upon my agreement to the foregoing terms and conditions. I understand and agree that this Release and Indemnity, among other things, releases the Company from responsibility for my injuries or death and makes me responsible for injuries to or death of others caused by me.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY. THIS DOCUMENT MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING IT.